Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
– Peter Drucker
You’ve clarified the Principles and Why? and you’ve created a hoshin plan, so now it’s time to do something. To improve.
Key Points from this Section:
- Improvement activities, whether on an organization or a small process, should follow the PDSA (Plan-Do-Study-Act) cycle.
- Kaizen is the process of creating many improvements, by individuals or teams.
- Other improvement tools include value stream mapping, standard work, improvement kata.
- Daily management and accountability is required to drive and sustain improvement.
- A key component of improvement is a practice of individual or team reflection.
- Celebrate success – which includes learning from failure.